PICTURE TO BURN


Released on January 29, 2008 as the fourth single from Swift's self-titled debut album, it is also that album's fourth consecutive Top Ten hit, having reached a peak of #3 on the Billboard Hot Country Songs charts.

The lyrics describe how Taylor is holding a grudge against her ex boyfriend. Before performing this song, Swift says, "I always try to tell the audience that I really do try to be a nice person... but if you break my heart, hurt my feelings, or are really mean to me, I'm going to write a song about you. Haha. This song is the perfect example." There are two versions of this song. The censored version replaces the original lyrics of "I'll tell mine you're gay" with "you won't mind if I say."

As in Swift's other videos for single releases, "Picture to Burn"'s music video was directed by Trey Fanjoy. In an interview with CMT, Swift stated, "The storyline of the video is, if you break up with me, my band will ransack your house."

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment