HORROR ASYLUM

Chris has every intention on becoming the next big action hero. Working out staying in shape, Chris is totally committed to his craft. On the film front, he recently completed production in a lead role in Stellina Blue, a feature drama, directed and written by Gabriel Scott. Chris plays Jack Taylor who continuously struggles with the ongoing of chaos and disappointments of his world. Chris is on the fast track to major success. He was nominated for outstanding actor at the prestigious Monte Carlo Television Festival for his starring role as The Collector that airs worldwide, including in the United States since 2008! Check this interview from Horror Asylum to find out more about him!


What were your hobbies as a child, were you always a creative person? My hobbies as a child included playing sports, t-ball, soccer, also going to work with dad on the weekends was cool cause he would always pay cash, and just about anything to bug my older sister Amy. When did you become interested in acting and how did you go about breaking into the industry? My interest for acting started at an early age but I never actually got into the business until I was in my early twenties, when what I consider an inspiration from God gave me the courage to tackle my dreams. In 2004 you landed the lead role in The Collector. Did you have to go through some pretty tough auditions to get the part? Getting the role of Morgan on The Collector was actually smooth and quick, it all happened with two auditions and all within a week. That's pretty rare in this business. What initially drew you to the script and the role of Morgan Pym? What initially drew me to the role of Morgan, I'll have to be honest, was just the chance to be the lead on a series, but once I got into the character and talked to Jon Cooksey about the role and history it really tied into my beliefs as a catholic and I liked where the series was headed. Would you say you are attracted to darker roles and in particular parts in horror or sci-fi themed shows? I wouldn't say I'm attracted to darker roles, for now that's what's coming to me, in future I would love to be a huge action star. Think the Bourne Identity. You have worked with some very talented young actors, especially on The Collector, does that help to make the long hours a little bit easier? Working with great actors always makes things easier, I have been so blessed to have worked with so many on my show, and they are all Canadian. There is a lot of stuff going on in Canada of late with the majority of shows and movies being shot there, does that make it easier to find work or do you find that there is more competition? At this point in my career, I'm finding it easier to find work not only in Canada, but also in the US which is where I am now based.


















  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment