SONYA SALOMAA INTERVIEW




You were well known for playing Maya on The Collector. Did you feel pressure to take over the role from Carly Pope? Absolutely! Carly is a wonderful actress and has many fans that I knew where not going to be happy that she was gone. But, all you can do is do the best you can and I think that I was eventually accepted into the role and made it my own. Do you enjoy working with Chris Kramer? Chris and I are two of the biggest nerds to ever work together! He is truly like a brother to me now and he made coming to work every day great fun! There is no pompousness with Kramer, he would just go in there and get the job done! Everyone on the show really became a close knit family over the years! There are rumours circulating that the show has been cancelled, are you able to comment on this for the fans? Yes, unfortunately the show has been cancelled. It is really a shame not only because there was no opportunity to have any closure for the characters but it was also a wonderful opportunity for many fabulous canadian actors to really bring to life some amazing roles and showcase our talent. I think we were really developing a very loyal fan base as well...oh well, that's how this business goes! I heard rumors that it's being released in the US...are they still planning that? Yeah, it is. They sold it to a distributor, and they're in the process of figuring out who's going to buy it, and what network it's going to be on. I saw it for the first time last week since we don't get it down here, but I was very surprised with it...I thought it was great. Yeah, It's really a neat idea. It was a new concept every week. So it's cool that it's going to get it's second life down there. Maybe it would help resurrect it...you never know. Yeah, exactly. It's kind of a shame because we never got to wrap it up - so I have a sneaky suspicion that they'll do something for the fans.











What was your fondest memory while working on the show? My fondest memory always goes to Chris. He's like a brother to me, and it was always fun to go on the set and gross each other out. Whether it be him farting or me burping - he made it a lot of fun. One of my fondest times was when we did an episode called The Junkie. My character was going back to heroin - it actually made me physically sick...it's not really a fond memory...it was just a good episode for me...to get that involved in it. Would you like to continue working with TV or stay in films? I wouldn't limit myself to anything because The Collector was such a great experience, and being a character for that long...and to have that opportunity to develop it over so many years...really is a great experience. I'd be happy to do either. Canada has been the destination of choice for horror movies of late, are you a fan of horror movies and can we expect to see you in any more? I have no problem being in horror movies, but I would like to be in more of a psychological style horror film that keeps you guessing and on the edge of your seat, not blood and guts just for the sake of the gore. Oh who am I kidding...I just need a job; my series was cancelled for Petes sake!!!! (source: horror-asylum, hitrockbottom.com)





  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment